NordVPN is one of a variety of options in the competitive VPN market. Is it worth considering?
When you connect to the internet through a VPN server, your information and online traffic is hidden from your internet service provider, but it’s still easily visible to your VPN provider. This is why it’s important to understand a VPN provider’s log policy to determine how well they protect your privacy and information. NordVPN has a strict no-log policy – in fact, one of the strictest in the industry! When you connect to as NordVPN server, they will not keep any logs of your usage or your browsing session information. There are even specific items included in NordVPN’s logging policy, like VPN servers used and amount of data transferred, that many VPNs actually DO keep track of! NordVPN’s logging policy has even been verified to be fair and accurate by PwC, one of the largest auditing firms in the world. Like any VPN, however, there is some information NordVPN does need from you, and this information is all fully disclosed in an organized and transparent way on their website. This is all nonsensitive information used for billing and customer service purposes, but nevertheless it’s great that they disclose all of it in their policy.
- Over 5200 servers in 54 different countries
- Obfuscated servers – Servers specifically optimized to hide the fact that you’re using a VPN, helping you get past VPN blocks and further protect your data while working with sensitive information
- Kill switch – Blocks your connection in the event that your connection drops
- Split tunneling – Allows you to choose which part of your internet traffic is protected by the VPN and which part is connected to the internet directly
- Dedicated IP – Get a dedicated IP address used only by you (This does come at an extra cost)
- Onion Over VPN – Allows you to connect to The Onion Router while still connected thru NordVPN’s own server, giving you the benefits and privacy of using The Onion Router but with the protection of a VPN.
- CyberSec – An ad-blocking features that protects you from malware as well
Max Devices Supported
One account with NordVPN will allow you to connect to their servers with up to six devices at once. An interesting loophole to get around this if you need more, verified by NordVPN itself, is to connect to a NordVPN server using your actual router instead of a device itself. That way, any device you connect to your internet will automatically be covered by NordVPN.
Speed of VPN
NordVPN is constantly upgrading its servers and architecture, maintaining a strong infrastructure that allows for some of the fastest speeds in the industry. Not only is NordVPN one of the fastest VPNs out there, but it also allows you to bypass the throttling some internet service providers will do to you to slow down your internet. This will greatly improve your browsing and streaming experience.
Our take on NordVPN
NordVPN is by far one of the most popular VPNs in the industry today, and for good reason – It’s a great VPN! Nord has so many more features than most of the other VPNs on the market, and with a strict, transparent logging policy, fast speeds, and many extra perks that other VPNs don’t have, you really won’t go wrong with NordVPN for your internet security needs.