Surfshark VPN is one of a variety of options in the competitive VPN market. Is it worth considering?
The logging policy is one of the most important things to look at when considering a new VPN for daily use. Surfshark has a very strict no-log policy, meaning they don’t collect any sensitive information while you’re connected to the internet thru one of their servers. Surfshark’s log policy is very thorough, even including certain items, like used bandwidth and connection timestamps, that other VPN providers do collect. In addition to this, Surfshark also has a section in their log policy detailing exactly what they do collect and why. Surfshark’s log policy has also undergone an independent security audit with the full report published on their website where you can see it. This further improves there transparency and establishes them as one of the more reliable VPN providers.
- Camouflage mode – Makes sure that nobody, not even your internet provider, can see that you’re using a VPN
- Multihop – Allows you to connect via multiple countries at once to make your footprint even harder to trace
- CleanWeb – Protects you against malware while also blocking trackers and other sorts of annoying devices advertisers use
- Kill switch – Like most good VPNs, Surfshark has a kill switch that disables your internet connection if your VPN connection drops.
Max Devices Supported
Surfshark VPN is unique in the sense that you can connect an unlimited number of devices to the VPN servers simultaneously using the same account. With other VPN providers, a limit of 5-10 devices, depending on the specific provider, is normal. The ability to connect unlimited devices using one account provides a huge advantage in a multitude of different situations – whether you’re running an online business or you just have a large household with lots of different devices, being able to connect as many as you want never hurts! Depending on your specific needs, this feature in and of itself could very well be a reason to choose Surfshark over other VPN providers.
Speed of VPN
As far as speed goes, Surfshark is about average. There are many VPN providers out there who are constantly optimizing their different servers for speed, and while Surfshark isn’t the slowest out there, the speed of this VPN in and of itself is nothing out of the ordinary. Through our testing, there are some times when this VPN is extremely fast, and other times when it’s relatively slow – Surfshark’s servers don’t seem to be quite as consistent as some of the other high-end VPNs out there, such as ExpressVPN or NordVPN. That being said, on average Surfshark VPN works very well with few issues. One thing that this VPN does improve quite a bit is the quality of online video streaming. This is because a VPN like this one will block ads and protect you from trackers and other spyware-type devices advertisers use to track your activity and as a result, you will use less CPU during your browsing session. So although Surfshark VPN’s speed isn’t remarkable in and of itself, using it will likely improve your overall experience anyway.
Our take on (name of VPN)
Surfshark VPN is much like the other VPNs in many ways, with a strict no-log policy that’s decently transparent about what data they collect, decent speeds, multiple servers, a good kill switch, etc. The one way Surfshark VPN stands out, however, is with the ability to connect an unlimited number of devices to the VPN network simultaneously all through one account. Surfshark VPN is the perfect VPN for multiple devices – so whether you’re running a large business with multiple employees, working on a big project, or just have a large family, if you have lots of devices you want to connect to a VPN all at once, Surfshark will be the perfect solution!
Get started with Surfshark VPN here!
Private Internet Access VPN is one of a variety of options in the competitive VPN market. Is it worth considering?
Like any good VPN, Private Internet Access VPN has a strict no-log policy with all the basics – they won’t keep logs of things like your bandwidth consumption, IP addresses, general usage, etc., and they have a few pieces of nonsensitive data they will collect from you for billing purposes. This information is all displayed clearly in their logging policy, and when there is a piece of information they do need, they not only disclose it but also give a good reason why they need it as well. Now this is actually nothing new; in fact, if a VPN doesn’t have a log policy similar to this, you should certainly not even consider it! What makes Private Internet Access VPN unique, however, is their transparency. Private Internet Access VPN has what’s called “open source transparency,” meaning their source code is open to inspection from not just independent auditors but anyone on the internet who wants to see their source code. This addition to their policy takes transparency to the next level, not only ensuring your privacy and data is protected but also giving you peace of mind knowing that they really mean what they say.
- Open-source transparency – Not only can anyone inspect the source code, but the community can also contribute to improving it and making the VPN better
- Kill switch – Like any good VPN, Private Internet Access VPN has a kill switch that disables your internet connection if your VPN connection drops
- Encryption – In addition to having powerful encryption already, Private Internet Access VPN allows you to modify the encryption standards to fit your taste and needs
- Split tunneling – You can allow certain applications or IP addresses to bypass the VPN tunnel if you want
- Dedicated IP – Similar to others like NordVPN, Private Internet Access VPN allows you to purchase a dedicated IP address for your own use.
- PIA Mace – Private Internet Access has its own ad blocker that blocks ads, trackers, malware, etc. at the DNS level, meaning it’s stopped before the requests even occur.
Max Devices Supported
Private Internet Access VPN allows you to connect using 10 devices simultaneously. While this is a far cry from the unlimited devices Surfshark VPN offers, it is more than most of the other notable VPN providers.
Speed of VPN
Private Internet Access VPN offers world-class server infrastructure, ensuring secure, reliable VPN connection at all times. In addition to this, through our testing, Private Internet Access VPN has proven to be one of the fastest VPN’s we have tested to date.
Our take on (name of VPN)
Private Internet Access VPN may not have as many unique features as other VPN providers like NordVPN and Surfshark, but the transparency and privacy provided by this VPN provider more than makes up for this. In addition to being transparent and having a great logging policy, Private Internet Access VPN also is incredibly fast, giving you a reliable, stable internet connection while also protecting your data and privacy.
Get started with Private Internet Access VPN here!
NordVPN is one of a variety of options in the competitive VPN market. Is it worth considering?
When you connect to the internet through a VPN server, your information and online traffic is hidden from your internet service provider, but it’s still easily visible to your VPN provider. This is why it’s important to understand a VPN provider’s log policy to determine how well they protect your privacy and information. NordVPN has a strict no-log policy – in fact, one of the strictest in the industry! When you connect to as NordVPN server, they will not keep any logs of your usage or your browsing session information. There are even specific items included in NordVPN’s logging policy, like VPN servers used and amount of data transferred, that many VPNs actually DO keep track of! NordVPN’s logging policy has even been verified to be fair and accurate by PwC, one of the largest auditing firms in the world. Like any VPN, however, there is some information NordVPN does need from you, and this information is all fully disclosed in an organized and transparent way on their website. This is all nonsensitive information used for billing and customer service purposes, but nevertheless it’s great that they disclose all of it in their policy.
- Over 5200 servers in 54 different countries
- Obfuscated servers – Servers specifically optimized to hide the fact that you’re using a VPN, helping you get past VPN blocks and further protect your data while working with sensitive information
- Kill switch – Blocks your connection in the event that your connection drops
- Split tunneling – Allows you to choose which part of your internet traffic is protected by the VPN and which part is connected to the internet directly
- Dedicated IP – Get a dedicated IP address used only by you (This does come at an extra cost)
- Onion Over VPN – Allows you to connect to The Onion Router while still connected thru NordVPN’s own server, giving you the benefits and privacy of using The Onion Router but with the protection of a VPN.
- CyberSec – An ad-blocking features that protects you from malware as well
Max Devices Supported
One account with NordVPN will allow you to connect to their servers with up to six devices at once. An interesting loophole to get around this if you need more, verified by NordVPN itself, is to connect to a NordVPN server using your actual router instead of a device itself. That way, any device you connect to your internet will automatically be covered by NordVPN.
Speed of VPN
NordVPN is constantly upgrading its servers and architecture, maintaining a strong infrastructure that allows for some of the fastest speeds in the industry. Not only is NordVPN one of the fastest VPNs out there, but it also allows you to bypass the throttling some internet service providers will do to you to slow down your internet. This will greatly improve your browsing and streaming experience.
Our take on NordVPN
NordVPN is by far one of the most popular VPNs in the industry today, and for good reason – It’s a great VPN! Nord has so many more features than most of the other VPNs on the market, and with a strict, transparent logging policy, fast speeds, and many extra perks that other VPNs don’t have, you really won’t go wrong with NordVPN for your internet security needs.
Get started with Nord VPN here!